“A PERFECT ANATOMICAL REPAIR WITHOUT FUNCTIONAL RECOVERY IS USELESS”
Physiotherapy department at PDSC&GH has a team of well-experienced physiotherapists who are dedicated to restoring your original health and mobility after an injury or disorder.
Depending on your needs, treatment techniques include:
- Various manual therapy techniques including joint mobilization, soft tissue massage and range-of-motion exercises.
- Customized Bracing/Splinting/prosthetics/orthotics to improve mobility and function.
- Programming to improve mobility, flexibility and muscle strength, while decreasing stress on the joints
- Stretching exercises
- Use of the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis & Treatment for the treatment of low back and neck pain
- Procedures such as Ultrasound and Interferential Current Therapy, TENS, Electrical Stimulation to promote soft tissue healing and relive pain.
- Neuromuscular re-education using electrical stimulation for the treatment of muscle imbalances or atrophy
- The Feldenkrais Method
- Manipulation Stretching, Strengthening.
- Infrared Therapy (To relieve acute muscle spasms)
- Postural Correction
- Patient education