Our world-renowned surgeons provide inpatient and outpatient care for infants and children at PDSC&GH. Additionally, we continue to develop new and improved techniques, including minimally invasive surgery, which are adopted by surgeons around the globe.
The Centre for Paediatrics provides comprehensive healthcare services for children from birth to 26 years of age. The Centre provides a full range of clinical services, tertiary care and health promotion and prevention programmes for children and adolescents. Our specialists have vast experience in almost all the sub-disciplines of paediatric medicine. We offer state-of-the-art paediatric care in the form of open communication, emotional support and education to all patients and their families on management of medical problems related to children.
Our service covers the surgical needs of children of all age groups for care with congenital malformations, endocrine disorders, tumors, injuries and various acquired conditions, including:
- Gastrointestinal, hepatic and splenic surgery
- Some urologic and gynaecologic surgery
- Anomalies of the inguinal canal including hernias and undescended testes.
- Common diagnoses include inguinal hernias, umbilical hernias, undescended testes, pyloric stenosis and appendicitis
The Centre treats quite a large number of children outpatients each year. Patients are also referred to the hospital from other states. We offer comprehensive care providing specialized services like Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Neurology, and Paediatric Endocrinology. We also provide pre and post-operative care for children. Our Paediatric Surgery services include:
- Managing new-borns with problems like absence of anal opening, food and windpipe disorder, spinal cord defects, etc.
- Managing hernia, hydrocele, phimosis, un-descended testis in older children
- Managing complicated problems such as intestinal obstruction, bleeding from GIT, Hirschprung’s disease etc.
The care primarily provided by our expert Paediatric specialists, as well as a multi-specialty team of clinicians and surgeons include:
- Management of pre-term babies
- Management of neonates requiring surgical intervention
- Term babies with complications